Years 10 & 11
Mental health and wellbeing is a very varied and complex area and there are no quick fix solutions. Maintaining every day, regular routines wherever possible, such as, attending school and lessons whilst managing mental health is key. School offers a range of services to help students develop positive mental health and wellbeing and support those experiencing mental health issues. These are:
- Form Tutors and Inclusion Team are well-placed to spot changes in behaviour that might indicate a problem and offer support and guidance. Many things can cause a change in mental health including traumatic events (e.g. loss or separation, life changes, abuse, domestic violence or bullying).
- Staff who have volunteered as Health and Wellbeing Champions for students experiencing mental health issues.
- Personal Development curriculum includes mental health and wellbeing topics in order to raise awareness and understanding and provide strategies for developing positive emotional health and wellbeing and managing mental health.
- Personal Development has the flexibility to focus on developing children’s resilience, confidence, and ability to learn.
- The Health and Wellbeing Team lead on mental health and wellbeing across the school, offering support, guidance and targeted intervention.
- Constructive links with outside support and specialist agencies (e.g., MAST, Forge Youth, Door 43, CAMHS) to provide interventions for those with mental health problems.
Any member of staff, student, parents/carers concerned about the mental health and wellbeing of a student should speak to the student’s Form Tutor/Year Leader about their concerns. They will monitor and support them, and refer to the Health and Wellbeing Team and/or outside agencies as appropriate.
Lead members of Staff:
- SENDCo and Senior Mental Health Lead: Steve Rippin
- Health and Wellbeing Co-Ordinator: Jack Cadman
- Wellbeing and Engagement Worker: Dave Simpson
- Safeguarding Team: led by Kath Tabani (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Inclusion Team (Form Tutors, Year Leaders, Learning and Inclusion Co-Ordinators, Self-Regulation and Engagement Worker)