Maintaining every day, regular routines wherever possible, such as, attending school and lessons whilst working towards managing mental health and wellbeing is key. School offers a range of services to help students develop positive mental health and wellbeing and support those experiencing mental health issues. The pastoral team support positive mental health and wellbeing across school.
Support is available from a number of areas within school:
- Form Tutors and Year Managers are well placed to be available to discuss any issues. Many things can cause a change in mental health including traumatic events (e.g. loss or separation, life changes, abuse, domestic violence or bullying).
- Healthy Minds Champions are a group of staff volunteers who have volunteered to be a ‘go to’ for students experiencing mental health issues.
- PSHEE staff have a good overview of mental health and wellbeing and teach all Year 7, 8 and 9 students.
- Mr Simpson, Wellbeing and Engagement Officer offers support to identified students on a 1:1 or small group basis.
- Mr Rippin leads on mental health and wellbeing across school and is always keen to support in any way possible.
Please view the attachments below for further information.